Due to the continued growth of the project and operational departments, our client requires the services of an experienced Planning Engineer. This is a versatile and flexible role which will work with existing Projects and Operations team.
The Planning Engineer’s responsibilities will include the following;
- Ensure that all planning activities are completed to the highest standard and meet the budget and schedule requirements.
- Assist with the estimation of labour resources, materials, plant and equipment to complete each task.
- Prepare manning, cost and cashflow forecasts and schedules for specific projects and operations.
- Scheduling of resources, logistics and sub-contractors to deliver both local and site works.
- Develop cost and progress report templates for weekly management and monthly board meetings.
- Provide technical expertise in the planning and scheduling of all activities within the project scope of works and operations maintenance procedures.
- Create planning and cost control procedures.
- Compliance with standards and regulatory / Legal requirements.
- Ensure quality standards are met by adhering to company and client procedures.
The Planning Engineer will report directly to the Technology and Infrastructure Manager. The Engineer will work with the existing Design, Administration, Projects and Operations Teams to maintain and develop schedules, develop cost and cashflow reporting procedures and prepare weekly and monthly reports for Senior Management review.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in a similar role managing complexed construction projects.
- Excellent health and safety record and understanding of modern HSE systems.
- Highly organised with excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work remotely as required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office software, particularly Microsoft project.
- Advanced skills in Primavera P6.
- Knowledge and expertise of planning practices, standards, systems and process relevant to remote construction and power projects.
- Formal qualifications in Planning or relevant industry qualification
- OHS Whitecard
- Police Clearance
- Able to pass site medical
- Previous Power Station construction experience
- Previous experience using Pronto accounting software
- Previous experience using the Aconex management software
- Degree qualified with relevant engineering qualifications or trade qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role managing remote construction projects.
- Have a knowledge of Australian Standards and relevant codes,
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project and the ability to use Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Advanced skills in Primavera P6
- Ability to create a positive impression with a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to work with a wide range of clients.
- Understanding of modern HSE systems.
- Highly organised and dedicated to the company’s success.
If you are interested in this great position, click apply now.