Our client is a leading West Australian Electrical Engineering and Design company that has been established for over 25 years. Our client has and continues to work on a wide range of projects in many different sectors, reinforcing their position as a leader in the industry.
Due to growth, our client is seeking highly experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in a full time, permanent role. The position is based in Bunbury, Western Australia which means the successful Engineer would need to live in Bunbury, a surrounding suburb. This is not a FIFO or DIDO role.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the completion of Electrical, Instrument and Control designs and approvals for all aspects of industrial systems, for mentoring Engineers and other staff and support the production and testing of designs to specifications and current standards and regulations.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is also responsible for the approvals of design to ensure that standards and specifications are adhered to, and the equipment performance meets/exceeds design parameters.
Some Core requirements of the role
- Participation in project/ technical meetings, workshops and planning with clients, including HAZOPS, CRAWs, Risk Assessments, Design Workshops, Constructability Reviews etc
- Work with electrical design and drafting personnel to complete quality designs
- Cost estimations for existing and new projects/ variations/ tender bids
- Requisition project specific parts and materials
- Project planning and monitoring
- Complete quantity and cost estimates for materials, identifying delivery timeframes and critical path analysis
- Directly undertake the following aspects of Projects and Electrical Works
- Complete and approve all aspects of electrical design activities including but not limited to power system design (high voltage and low voltage), earth system design, control design, instrumentation design and SCADA/HMI design
- Competent to complete HV submissions and submit to the regulatory authorities where applicable
- Perform difficult and complex calibrations, tests and adjustments
- Use computer-aided design tools to produce electrical designs, calculations, specifications and other documentation
- Prepare, review and approve Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) documents
- Complete testing and starting up electrical equipment and installations, and in supervising operations and maintenance
- Test for, locate and repair electrical malfunctions
- Supervision of 4+ OFI Employees
- Remote Site Work
- Living Away from Home for 10+ working days
Our client has asked that we only consider applications where the candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree of Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience
- Power station experience including- industrial electrical applications, distribution design and commissioning experience
- Understanding of Electrical Switchboards, Distribution Boards, Control Panels etc
- Understanding of Lightning Protection System Designing
- Understanding of Arc flash Assessment and associated designing
- Experience in the use of Power Tools for Windows (PTW), PowerCAD, Earthing and Grounding design packages etc
- Project management skills
- Strong understanding of Codes, Regulations and Requirements applicable to the design and installation
- Chartered/ Member Status with the Institute of Engineers Australia (or equivalent) EXPERIENCE
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Must be already residing in Bunbury WA or be willing to relocate yourself.
Please send a resume outlining your experience in relation to the above in addition to your salary expectations by clicking APPLY.
For any further questions about this role please contact RecruitWest on 08 9368 9800.