|RecruitWest is a leading supplier of personnel to the WA Mining, Engineering, and Construction sectors and on behalf of our Client.
We are recruiting for a suitably experienced and qualified Technical Services Engineer to work in our Clients office based in Belmont.
Our client specialises in tailored off-grid power generation and service models. They integrate a complete range of thermal and sustainable fuel sources, together with innovative technologies, to deliver cost-effective and reliable solutions.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Technical Services Engineer’s role will be focused on electrical & mechanical design, Control Systems, commissioning of power stations and provide recommendations and feedback to the design department. Including, providing technical support and suggest improvements to the Operations and Maintenance Teams.
As an integral member of the Technical Services team, you will be involved in:
To be considered, it is imperative you can meet the below listed critical criteria:
- Design, Plan, & Commission Control systems for Power stations and associated ancillary equipment.
- Advanced Fault find/troubleshoot and analysis of power generation equipment and associated ancillary equipment.
- Assist with Planning and Scheduling of work activities.
- Experience with reciprocating and turbine engines, Cummins, Wartsila, MTU desirable
- Assist with producing project estimates, quotations and proposals.
- Liaise with Engineering (mechanical and electrical) to make sure all relevant standards are met.
- Assist in the development of Training programs for the Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Provide feedback and information as required for the senior management for areas and activities under your control.
- Input to development and update of existing and new company-wide working procedures.
- Cooperate with the Construction team during the construction of any new power stations and the refurbishment of existing power stations.
If you have the right to work in Australia with Australian recognised qualifications and are able to meet the above criteria with a 'can-do' attitude to achieve, then please APPLY via the link below or alternatively at www.recruitwest.com.au
- A minimum of 5 years post trade work experience within the power generation industry is preferred
- Proven technical knowledge within Power Generation
- Extensive experience in COMAP
- Extensive PLC experience with proven formal training certification
- Experienced in Networking / IT
- Good knowledge of Australian Standards and relevant codes
- High Voltage Certification
- Valid WA Electrical Licence
- EWP and Forklift Licence
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Current First Aid Training Certificate
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with a wide range of clients.
Please note, when submitting your Cover Letter and Resume, they must be combined as one (1) document to attach.
Due to the volume of applications, it will only be possible to contact candidates who are able to demonstrate the above criteria.