Our client is a leading West Australian electrical engineering and design company that has been established for over 25 years. Our client has and continues to work on a wide range of projects in many different sectors, reinforcing their position as a leader in the industry.
Based in Bunbury WA and due to our clients growth, we are seeking an Electrical and Control Systems Engineer who is competent to support their existing scale of work, and is looking for an opportunity to grow with the company as they grow into the next echelon.
Holds (as a minimum) an Australian Applicable, Control System Engineering Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation Control Applications, supported by a sound understanding of AS/NZS 3000 and applicable other electrical Australian standards and state regulations.
- Has capability to read and interpret P & IDs and has demonstrable experience in Electrical and Control System Design with high competency in a mix of design arenas including Control, Instrumentation and Communications.
- Complete design calculations to ensure the correct specification, installation and operation of Instrumentation and Control equipment.
- Design and programme PLC’s and SCADA at project level utilising the organisation’s design procedure.
- Research and design of process-control and instrumentation systems, communication systems, computer and other electronic systems.
- Is capable of writing reports and specifications for electrical works with a sufficient understanding of the control system and writing philosophy documents e.g. Basis of Design (BoD), CSFD etc.
- Oversee Instrumentation and control installations when required to ensure compliance with designs and vendor specifications.
- Prepare Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) documents.
- Develop commissioning procedures for Instrumentation and Control installations.
- Assist in testing and starting up electrical equipment and installations.
- Prepare and review control system manual s for Instrumentation and Control installations
- Diagnose cause of instrumentation and control malfunction or failure of operational equipment. Also perform calibrations, tests and adjustments to instrument and control equipment (if required).
- Whilst not critical, it would be desirable that you have demonstrable experience using Computer Aided Design Packages (Auto CAD), where you are currently at an intermediate level (or greater).
- Is capable and entirely willing to work away in remote locations. Whilst not every other week, there will certainly be times that you’ll need to be on site, anywhere from a couple of days to a week or more.
- You’ll need to be physically capable and mentally confident to access on and off site work areas that are sometimes confined, elevated or have uneven terrain.
- Is truly ready to grow in your field – With a genuine thirst for knowledge – A preparedness to go the extra mile to learn more – A confidence to ask for clarity when it’s needed – Supported by a determination to develop potential solutions / answers even when things get beyond you.
- Is comfortable and confident to be around people – be it with your colleagues or our clients. Whilst we don’t expect (or want) you to be the centre of attention, we do need you to be able to actively engage with those you work with and work for.
- Can diagnose clients’ needs by asking clear questions, processing information and providing recommendations and / or be able to reassure people that you will come back to them with solutions.
- Will contribute to our work environment and our success by playing an active & constructive part in our Review & Improve processes.
- And you will be someone who will be capable and driven to provide us with a significant return on the considerable investment we will make in you and your future.
Please include your Cover Letter as the first page of your Resume, so one document is attached when applying.
Only those applicants who have the right to work in Australia will be considered.